Since its launch the UK VFR Flight Guide has evolved into the UK’s favourite VFR Flight Guide with full colour airfield maps, circuit and local area maps and a substantial additional flight planning information section.
Furthermore, every year the editorial team makes thousands of changes to keep the VFR Flight Guide up-to-date. In an average year up to 20% of airfields maps are re-drawn to enhanced cartographic standards and another 15% of maps significantly amended. Overall, up to 65% of airfields have a significant change to maps or data year-on-year.
The 2020 edition of the UK VFR Flight Guide contains around 510 airfields fully described – 400 more than some other UK flight guides. There are also additional listings for another 450 flying sites. The 2020 UK VFR Flight Guide features professionally drawn airfield maps up to 40% bigger than those of competing flight guides; the highest standards of accuracy and clarity and a logical, standardised, layout of information to present at a glance all the information a pilot needs both for pre-flight planning and in the cockpit.
The UK VFR Flight Guide is the most comprehensive and trusted source of airfield data for the General Aviation airfields and flying sites of the UK.
A flight guide designed by pilots, for pilots
• More UK airfields in detail than any other UK flight guide
• Over 450 further UK airfields with basic data
• Includes farm strips and glider sites
• ICAO locators and lat/long co-ordinates in decimals for direct entry into GPS
• All maps professionally drawn in full colour, on average 40% bigger than competing products
• Runway lengths and Navaid frequencies on maps
• Airfield e-mail and website addresses
• Airfield facilities for disabled pilots listed, compiled with the assistance of the BDFA
• Airfield information checked, revised and updated every year
• All essential information available at a glance
• All supplemental information laid out in a standard format
• Comprehensive flight planning section – met. codes; flight plan filing instructions; Prohibited, Restricted and Danger areas; LARS units; MATZs; ATIS listings; etc.
• FREE monthly update services available to all users
Loose Leaf - a ‘page block’ of loose-leaf pages to go into a VFR ring-binder / organiser. Organise the airfeld and data pages in the order that suits you, create your own ‘trip kits’ and easily incorporate new and amended page