Tost weak links protect your aircraft against overloading when under tow. Available for loads from 80-1000 daN (0.8 to 0.10 kN) with a tolerance of 10%.
black - 1000dN (load in deca Newtons)
Tost weak links in their optimized format combine the following improvements:
- Longer service life
- Correct marking with load group and manufacturer’s name
- Made of high-quality certified aircraft steel
- Clear distinction from inferior copies
- Manufacturing tolerance only 5% (in the requirements 10% are stipulated)
Like our type-tested products our weak links are also manufactured according to EASA-approved production methods. Each batch is tested on computerized test equipment and the results are documented. This guarantees consistent high quality and traceability.
- Weak links protect your aircraft against overloading
- Use only the weak link stipulated in your aircraft TCDS or aircraft manual
- Checking the cable preamble is mandatory according to SBO (German Gliding Operation Regulations); this includes the inspection of weak links
- Replace the weak link immediately in the case of a visible damage
- We recommend that the weak link inserts are replaced after 200 starts; an insert exchanged in time is always safer and cheaper than one single aborted launch
- Always use the protective steel sleeve
- Use only the correct shackles; they prevent the weak link and the steel sleeve from twisting and hence an undefined increase of the breaking load
- Never use two equal inserts, e.g. both with round holes, in a reserve system since this would double the breaking load
Using combinations of weak link inserts from different manufacturers can double the breaking load because of the length change (elongation) of inferior inserts!