ICAO DOC 9284 Technical Instructions for the Safe Transport of Dangerous Goods By Air Ed 2021-2022
Known as the Technical Instructions or the TIs, this manual contains the only legal source of regulations for the safe transport of dangerous goods by air. Shippers, operators, State authorities and anyone else involved in the air transport chain will find in this manual all of the detailed regulations necessary for the safe transport of dangerous goods by air.
WHAT IS NEW IN EDITION 2021-2022?
- Revisions to training provisions to support a competency-based approach to training and assessment (Supporting guidance is published in Guidance on a Competency-based Approach to Dangerous Goods Training and Assessment (Doc 10147));
- New entries for the dangerous goods list;
- Revised classification criteria for infectious substances, radioactive material, and corrosive substances;
- Revised special provisions assigned to lithium batteries, environmentally hazardous substances and new entries in the dangerous goods list;
- Revised packing requirements and packing instructions;
- Clarification of safety management responsibilities for the operator; and
- Revised provisions for dangerous goods carried by passengers and crew.