AvMap Ultra features a 3.5" ultra bright, sunlight readable LCD display, it is compact (only 2.49" / 63.3 mm installing depth) and ultra light (only 230 g, while the market average stands around 700 g).
Fitting in a standard 79.5 mm (3.125") panel hole, the AvMap Ultra can be easily installed in your panel and be connected to the external GPS receiver (included) and to the aircraft Pitot-static system to provide reliable and advanced ADAHRS.
Designed for light-sport, ultra light and experimental aircrafts, the AvMap Ultra contains solid-state gyros, accelerometers, magnetic field sensors, air data sensors and UAV Navigation motion processor that make it the most compact, reliable and complete EFIS of its type. Moreover, AvMap Ultra is virtually temperature-insensitive as it operating range goes from -20°C to +70°C!
The AvMap Ultra also provides navigation back-up: in the HSI screen you can select from the preloaded Jeppesen Database an Airport (ARPT), VOR and NDB as your navigation point.
AvMap Ultra can display on the 3,5" LCD two different pages: PFD e HSI (pages can be easily changed by using the rotor knob).
Ultra EFIS PFD screen displays:
- Attitude (roll, pitch and heading)
- Airspeed from Pitot-static system
- Altitude from Pitot-static system
- Side Slip
- Vertical Speed
The Ultra EFIS HSI Screen displays: current position, heading, distance, directions, radials relative to reference navigation points and approximate wind data.
The Ultra EFIS contains an internal world magnetic model that allows it to calculate the local magnetic deviation and dip. The Ultra EFIS can calculate, current position and ground speed even in the absence of GPS, with degraded quality.
The Ultra EFIS comes with two RS232 serial connections to transmit GPS data to devices like autopilot, transponder, fuel computer, navigation system, EFIS and any device that accept the NMEA messages. The following NMEA messages are made available: GGA, GSV, GSA, RMC, RMB, APB, APA.
The Ultra EFIS is preloaded with an aeronautical POI database containing airports, airfields, NDB’s and VOR’s*. Additionally the pilot can insert user points into the system and use them as navigation aid. The combination of the GPS, the POI database and the ADAHRS module makes the Ultra a unique instrument with advanced navigation and data fusion capability.
*Coverage available: North America, South America, Europe-Africa, Asia-Australia.
ALTITUDE on HSI page
AvMap improves the situational awareness during flight by adding the altimeter value on the Ultra HSI page. Ultra EFIS contains a barometric altimeter that measures atmospheric pressure in order to determine the altitude above mean sea level. The HSI page displays the magnetic compass, VOR-navigation, OBS selector, course deviation indicator, to/from flag, heading bug, ADF-navigation, GPS position, wind speed, wind direction, indicated airspeed, altitude, course over ground and ground speed. The altimeter bar and numeric value was already present on the PFD page, which displays the artificial horizon, magnetic compass, airspeed indicator, altimeter, g-meter, vertical speed indicator, side slip indicator and flight path indicator.
Ultra EFIS technical specifications
• Dimensions: 3.74" x 3.74" x 1.95" (95 x 95 x 49.5 mm)
• Installing Diameter: 79.5 mm (3.125")
• Weight: 7.1 oz (230 g)
• Display: 3.5"; 960 x 240 pixels, brightness 500 cd/m2
• 3-axis gyros, accelerometers and magnetometers
• Acceleration range (3 axis): +/- 8 g
• Rotation Range: +/- 1600 deg/s
• Air data sensors: range 10 to 250 kts, -1000 to 40000 ft
• Temperature range -20C to + 70C
• UAV Navigation® Motion processor
• Micro SD slot (for data logging)
• 59" (1.5 m) free wires power supply cable (10/35 VDC)
• 3 serial ports RS-232
• Consumption @ 12 V DC: 100 mA nominal
• GPS receiver U-Blox NEO 6Q with 59" (1.5 m) cable
• Advanced data fusion capability
• Airspeed and Altitude from Pitot-static system
• Attitude (roll, pitch and heading) and side slip
• Wind indicator
• Clear HSI with Course Deviation Indicator (CDI)
• Altimeter reference, heading reference, aircraft specific V-speed reference values
• Exceptional navigation capability in case of loss of GPS signal
• Preloaded with Jeppesen Database (APT, VOR, NDB) for navigation back-up. 4 Coverages available: Europe-Africa, North America, South America, Asia-Australia.